Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yeah, I'm a Christian. Got a Problem with That?!

Yeah, the title pretty much says it all. I am an unabashed, unashamed, and unafraid Christian, and I really don't give a flying fig what you or the media thinks of Christians, Christ, Christmas, or Christianity. I am a Christian, convinced and convicted, and will debate anyone, anywhere, at any time regarding their belief. I will proclaim my faith in Jesus Christ, point out any errors you may have regarding Biblical Christian belief, and tell someone of another faith -- or no faith at all -- why they are just plain wrong. I am a modern, liberated Christian, I am in your face, and I'm not going anywhere.

Let me tell you some of the things that piss me off. I am so sick of the smug, coy, arrogant atheist who thinks that their disbelief in Jesus is, one, enough to convince me of the error of my ways, and, two, valid enough reason for me to hide my faith and the practice of my faith away from their overly sensitive eyes. Hey, you know what I say to those atheists? "Fuck you, asshole." (Yeah, I've been known to swear on occasion to make a point; perhaps I'm not what you had in mind when you thought of a Christian? Perhaps I'm a little too straightforward? Perhaps I make you uncomfortable? Perhaps I do, but I really don't care). I'll not go into too much detail about them right now, because I have plenty of space to describe the error that is the modern atheist.

But even more than the smug atheist on my anger list is the weak-willed Christian who fears public scorn, so they politely refuse to discuss their faith. And even worse than that is the Christian who has such touchy-feeling notions of tolerance that they won't say why they believe what they believe or that they believe someone else is wrong. Good Grief! Christ did not allow Himself to be nailed to a cross so you could be some warm-fuzzy ambassador of acceptance. He died for your sins; the least you can do is spread the word as a way of saying thanks.

I want to wrap this up, or else I'll vent everything I have to say now, and that wouldn't be any fun, would it? My points are these: If you are a Christian and reading these words, spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. Don't be afraid. He wants you to do it, and will help you do so. If you are not a Christian and would like to know more about what the Bible says, let me know, I can help you with that. If you are not a Christian and think I'm wrong, too bad. You are the one who is wrong, and you might as well get used to hearing it. Let me know why you think you're right, and I will point out the numerous reasons why you're wrong.

On that note, let me just point out that Christianity has been bashed because its considered exclusive. As in, you have to accept this one point of view at the exclusion of all other points of view. This is seen as intolerant, closed-minded, thoroughly unmodern and potentially dangerous. It is not any of those things. It is absolutely true that to be a Christian you must put aside all other gods and accept Jesus Christ as the only saviour, and in doing so you can -- you should -- proclaim the error of any incorrect belief systems. However, if this is exclusive, then it is a very inclusive exclusivity. Anyone, of any race, either gender, any nation, any former belief system, any former lifestyle, any socio-economic status, any ability level, any anything, is invited to join this supposedly exclusive club. There is no institution or organization on earth that is so welcoming, no collection of humans that is so open to all. So, please, feel free to join the club. You are welcomed here.

No comments: